How to update
Learn how to update your Warp theme without losing your customizations.
If a newer version of your theme or Warp is available, you will receive a notification in the theme settings. In that case, just visit the Downloads section and download the latest theme package.
- Create a copy of your theme's
/warpfolder. That way, you will have a backup in case the update fails.
- Download any Warp 7 theme and unzip the package.
- Copy the
/warpfolder from the theme and replace the one in your theme with this one.
NOTE Sometimes a Warp update also requires to update the theme to reflect the changes in Warp accordingly.
The file verification in the theme settings shows all modified and missing files in your theme to help you detect which files you have customized before you start updating. Changes in Warp's administration area will generate the
config.json, which is not shown in the file verification. So be sure to have a backup of that file. To update your theme, do the follow these steps.
- First of all, make a backup of all your customized theme files, so you can recover modifications at any time.
- Download the latest theme version and extract the package to your Desktop.
- Copy all files to
/templates/THEME-NAMEfor Joomla or
/wp-content/themes/THEME-NAMEfor WordPress and replace all files.
- Recover your modifications by merging your customized files with the new ones.
- Open Warp's administration area and hit Compile LESS.
IMPORTANT We strongly recommend to create a new style for all modifications and make a backup before updating. That way all your changes will be kept when updating your original theme files by replacing them. Learn more here.