Setup a theme with demo package
This tutorial is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to install a Theme Demo Installation Package.
Note: The Theme Demo Packages cannot be installed into an existing Joomla or WordPress installation. The Demo Packages include a Joomla installation package ( or WordPress installation package if you are using a WP Demo package ) , the Theme, Theme Demo Content and WidgetKit.
Setup the Theme Demo Installation Package
- Pick a theme and download the demo package from the Theme downloads.
- Extract the .zip file to a directory on your pc.
- Upload by FTP or copy the extracted directory to your webserver.
- Create a database for this installation, using a tool like phpMyAdmin in your Hosting Control Panel or ask your Web Host for directions on doing this.
- Now just open your webserver's url ( eg: website.com ) in your browser address bar and follow the Joomla or WordPress installation instructions.
Troubleshooting (Joomla only)
On the last installation step don't forget to press the Install Sample Data button.