File Permission Issues
This tutorial shows you how to handle permission issues within ZOO.
Changing File Permissions
So how do you change the permissions for files and directories? Here are two step-by-step guides.
Using your FTP client
- Open your FTP client or if you don't have any download FileZilla and install it.
- Use your FTP client to login to your server and browse to your webroot directory.
- Right click on a directory which you want to change the permissions on and click File Permissions....
- The Change File Attributes dialog, let's you check the options as shown below or type a numeric value like 755. Make sure the Recurse into subdirectories option is checked. Then hit the OK button.
Using the eXtplorer Joomla component
- Download eXtplorer file manager Joomla component and install it. It allows you to edit, delete, copy, rename, archive and unpack files/directories directly on your webserver.
- Login to your Joomla administration, go to the eXtplorer component and browse to the directory which you want to change the permissions on.
- Right click on the directory and choose Change Rights
- Check the options as shown below. Make sure the Recurse into subdirectories option is checked. Then hit the Save button.