Wish list for Warp8
Hi guys and gals,
It's Warp time again! The whole team is working on our next generation theme framework
Over the last year we gathered all your feedback and took everything in consideration on how we can improve our themes. So we started 6 month ago to bring all these ideas together and to design the new framework architecture. Right now, we are already in the middle of implementing all the new features.
Now it's the perfect time for you to give us more feedback. Which end-user features would you love to see in Warp 8? How can we improve the theme usability? What's on your wish list from a developer point of view?
Thank you and happy holidays!
Update: Thanks for all the feedback!
Here is a list of all features you suggested:
Mentioned very often
- Simpler customizer (Faster to find stuff, better global variables)
- Mega menus
- Warp 7 compatibility (Update older themes)
- Favicon picker (Update proof)
- 1-Click updates
- Easier customizations (Update proof, lesser use of FTP)
- Faster, better performance + compression
- Configurable header layout (Options for Logo, Navbar)
- Open Graph / Rich Snippets
- Page Builder (Easier layouting without coding)
Mentioned several times
- Better theme admin translation
- Better white labeling themes
- Different article layouts out of the box
- Social sharing buttons (Enable one by one and for each article)
- Sidebar menus with flyouts
- More general theme options which are the same from theme to theme
- Easier integration of custom fonts
- Cookie info
- Google font subsets (greek,cyrilic etc)
Mentioned at least once
- More social profile icons
- Better documentation
- PHP 7 compatiblitity
- Lazy loading images
- 404 page with header and footer
- Make update notifications available in the Joomla updater (not just when you go to the theme)
- More layout options (Fullscreen, Wrapped)
- Option for text instead of hamburger menu
- More Show/Hide options for Wordpress (like Joomla)
and much more...