Last Updated: December 2022
While using our Services we collect various types of personal information about you for the purposes listed below. This includes information you provide to us, generated automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Personal information does not include anonymized or aggregated information which does not contain personally identifying information.
- Account information: full name, email address, hashed password
- Payment information: billing address, payment method, and, if applicable, company name and VAT Number
- Service usage information: site URLs, API keys
- Interaction information: correspondence with us, support center questions and answers, blog post comments
- Log information: user agent, IP addresses, device data (such as type, OS, device ID, browser version, locale and language settings used), approximate geolocation, referring site, the date and time of access
- Transactional information: product details, purchase price, transaction date
We do not retain payment card information. It is transferred directly to our payment service provider. We only retain a token of such payment information and the chosen payment method, as it is required for recurring fees of our Services subscriptions.
We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
We use personal information for the purposes listed below.
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service, process payments and orders, and verify user information.
- To protect our Services and users. For example, by enhancing the security of our Services, protecting it against fraudulent or illegal activity, fighting spam, and complying with applicable security laws and regulations.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to inform you about administrative or account-related information, alert you of relevant security issues or keep you up to date on the latest updates to our Services.
- To provide customer service. For example, to respond to your questions, disputes, feedback, or issues with our Services.
- To improve our Services. For example, by providing automatic upgrades and new versions of our Services or by analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can improve the current Services.
We don’t sell any personal information to any third party.
We retain personal information for as long as needed to provide Service to our customers, subject to our compliance with this Policy, or as required or permitted under the applicable law.
We share personal information for the purposes listed below.
- Service providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers who need the information in order to provide their services to us. This includes service providers that help us provide our Services to you like hosting and content delivery network (CDN) services, billing and payment processing services; those that help us understand and enhance our Services like data analytics services; those that make tools to help us run our operations like email and other communications, and collaboration among our teams.
- Legal and regulatory requirements. We may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Business transfers. In the event YOOtheme goes through a business transition, such as merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
- With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Public Profile Information
Any information that is disclosed in our support center or our blog becomes public information. Your username is part of the public profile along with the profile image which is loaded from the Gravatar service based on your email address. This means that your posts are available to the public and may appear in search engines or other publicly available platforms, and may be crawled or searched by third parties. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information. Do not post any information that you are not comfortable sharing publicly.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately used, lost, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. When you enter confidential information (such as login credentials or information submitted from within the Service) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). All personal information is stored on encrypted servers exclusively in the EU from our service providers. We do not store personal information on our own computers, and both data storage and data analysis take place using an encrypted connection to our server. These technologies and other measures are used in an effort to ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you authorized to access your data. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any personal data stored with us or with any third-parties.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are either stored temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or they are permanently archived on your device (permanent cookies). Session cookies are automatically deleted once the web browser is closed while permanent cookies remain archived on the device until they are actively deleted.
- Authentication: Cookies to help us show you the right information by personalizing the Services to your account.
- Security: Cookies to help prevent fraudulent use of login credentials and support other security features.
- Functionality: Cookies to allow our Services to recognize you and to remember choices you’ve made on the Services.
- Analytics: Cookies to help us analyze how the Services are being accessed and used, and to track their performance.
Cookies may also be set by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide analytics services. Any such third party cookie usage is governed by the policy of the third party placing the cookie.
We use the following service providers listed below which may have access to your personal information. These third party service providers collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our Services in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to websites and applications other than the Service. We are not responsible for privacy practices or content of websites or applications operated by third parties. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
You have the rights to exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), such as described below. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com so that we may consider your request under applicable law. We may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request to protect your privacy and security.
- Request access to your personal information. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- Request correction of the personal information. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal information. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal information on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information. We will provide to you, or to a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal information. However, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
You may decline to submit any personal information through our Services, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our Services. Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, some features and the personalization of our Services may no longer work for you. You can elect not to receive update communications for our Services by following the unsubscribe instructions in such communications.
Children’s Personal Information
YOOtheme does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our Service. If we obtain actual knowledge that any personal information about a child under the age of 13 was collected, that information will be immediately removed without any notice. By using this site, you agree that you are at least 13 years old.
Amendments to These Terms