Warp6 - Engage! – Our new theme framework
Surprise! We are very proud to announce our next generation theme framework: Warp6! Over the last 6 months we worked hard on it and put all our efforts into making it the state of the art theme framework. Often people think that theme frameworks are overdone with a lot of bloated code and too much features which slow the site down. Be relieved, Warp6 is quite the opposite! It's created from developers perspective - simplified, no magic, just a great toolset to develop cross-platform themes. We believe that Warp6 is the fastest and slickest theme framework to date. For us everything is done the way it should be.
Here are some key facts:
- Warp is located in it's own folder in the theme/template folder
- No dependencies on extra components or plugins
- It's the same Warp folder for any system like Joomla or Wordpress
- It's stand-alone and can be updated by just replacing the Warp folder
- If you create a theme it works easily on all supported systems like Wordpress, Joomla 1.5 and 1.6
- It can be extended to work on other systems
- We will provide a minimalistic Master theme for all systems
- It's completely built on the latest web techniques like HTML5, CSS3, PHP 5.2+, jQuery 1.5+
One thing to remember: Warp6 is a toolset to develop cross-platform themes. You can use the provided tools and features but you don't have to. It's a fast and lightweight theme framework which is well designed and coded.
Release date and whats next?
The first Warp6 based theme will be our May club release and will hit the streets on May 2nd. Until then we will provide a series of blog posts about all the features and details how Warp6 works. At least 2 posts will be published each week. Here are some key features we will cover: HTML5, CSS3, Mobile, Child Themes, CSS Framework, Theme Profiles, Administration User Interface and much more...
We are very thrilled about Warp6 and we hope you are too!